PDA

View Full Version : New to Me 04 Moomba Mobius LSV

Moseley618
02-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I bought this boat with 94 hours on it. It has the gravity III system in it. The only thing is that the stereo was stolen and the guy replaced the head unit and all the speakers except the Sub and tower speakers. The cans for the tower speakers are still there just no speakers. It only has one battery and I have looked at some posts about installing 2 batteries but I don't understand over my head. I need to know what to buy to have two batteries installed and for them to work together and be charged properly. Thanks guys love the site so far.

mmandley
02-20-2010, 08:45 PM
Welcome, congrats and let see some pictures. Tons of options for your stereo and everything.

It all depends on your budget. What is in it now for a head unit and cabins, thats a decent start, amps?

Duel batteries is realy simple and you can use the search for Duel Batteries to see lots of threads. I'm sure some of the guys that have done there battery upgrades will have lots of advise for you. I have duels but they were from day 1, i need to upgrade them but thats another thread.

Like i said welcome and congrats on your new boat.

Moseley618
02-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Hope the pic gets on here this time. I don't have a very good pic of it with the cover off. Also I was wondering if you guys could tell me if I got a good deal or not I paid 20k for it. Thanks

Moseley618
02-20-2010, 10:43 PM
More pics of the boat!

dru1974
02-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Hey welcome aboard. I think you got a great deal. I mean the boat is nearly new with low hours. I like the yellow.good for you.
A great site too order the gear required to have dual batteries is overtons.com. been around forever and really cheap.

brain_rinse
02-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Very cool! The black tower looks great on that boat. I like the BEP VSR system that came with my dual battery setup. Blue Sea ACR is another that gets rave reviews. Both systems will work great and come with wiring instructions. For speakers take a look at Kicker's new HLCD setup if you have 4 empty cans. Otherwise Bullet would be a good choice for 2 cans. Plenty of other options, but that's a place to start searching. Congrats, and welcome!

DOCDRS
02-21-2010, 12:08 AM
nice looking ride, i think you got a great deal

moombadaze
02-21-2010, 07:31 PM
i see some upgrades, dual axle trailer, black tower, aftermaket cover, moster mirror arm. i would think you done good

Moseley618
02-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I had the cover custom made from a local place but everything else was on the boat. I think I need to upgrade the stereo with amps and subs and 2 batteries. I am new to the sport and this is my second boat ever. My first boat was a 30 year old fish and ski so the moomba is a huge upgrade.

viking
02-22-2010, 12:49 AM
94 hours and 6 years old - Nice job! It's hardly seen the water.
I went with the Blue Sea ACR system and upgrading stereo and batteries this winter too. Good luck and enjoy your new ride :)

kaneboats
02-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Looks great! Welcome aboard!

jimmobius
02-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Sound like a smokin' deal. Save up and get the perfect pass , you will never regret it. I didn't know they offered a painted tower ? Also what engine hp did you get?
Jim.

jimmobius
02-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Another thing , what prop pitch is on there and where in the country do you live? I ended up getting another prop and pitched it down some and big difference in performance with a full load of people and ballast. Do you have the wake plate too? I would assume with the gv package. Nice cover .
Jim.

Moseley618
02-23-2010, 10:13 PM
It has Perfect Pass already. It has the Inmar Assault but I don't know if it is 310 or 325 horse. It has a trim tab, is that the same? I have no idea how to tell about the prop ie: what pitch. I would like to know my self about the prop but I will just have to wait and see how it does. I live in Springfield MO close to Table Rock Lake and Lake of the Ozarks.

mmandley
02-24-2010, 10:38 AM
It has Perfect Pass already. It has the Inmar Assault but I don't know if it is 310 or 325 horse. It has a trim tab, is that the same? I have no idea how to tell about the prop ie: what pitch. I would like to know my self about the prop but I will just have to wait and see how it does. I live in Springfield MO close to Table Rock Lake and Lake of the Ozarks.

The trim tab controls the wake plate, so yes you have one. As for the prop you can look on the prop and on the outer ring round the shaft stud you will see numbers for your prop size.

Moseley618
02-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks that is good info I will look. MMandley your boat is sweet I looked at all of the improvements you made and wow! Nice job dude!

mmandley
02-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks bro its my passion. I take the whole

B reak
O ut
A nother
T housand

To a hole new level with my gear.

jimmobius
02-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Boy isn't that the truth! Every year I have to put in for a lake pass to a local city owned lake. I am only 20 min. from it and it is worth every penny I pay. $850 for May through September . If you are at lower elevation than here , the stock 17.5 pitch prop would work ok. I was at 2000 ' with mine this last October and ran the 16 pitch prop and could have ran the 17.5 pitch prop no problem . If you have the indmar assalt mpfi it is probably 320-325 hp.
Jim .

jimmobius
02-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Swim platform? Did the boat come without one?

Moseley618
02-25-2010, 08:51 PM
No it was stolen. The guy I bought the boat off of is supposed to order one from the factory that was 3 months ago. Everytime I go in there he was giving me some story about the factory being slow. So I called the factory and got all the info and gave it to him. He has no excuses now, so if I don't have it by the middle of march he will here from my attorney. So the stock prop is 17.5 pitch. That is great info. Thanks.

2007 Outback V
02-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Who steals a swim platform? Honestly, Com'on now, seams a little ridiculous to me. So the perpetrators had the time to steal the speakers out of the cans, from the interior, and still went for the swim platform. With all that time they could of just pulled up a truck and took the whole thing. Would've been easier, don't ya think? Guess that's why I'm not a thief.

Sorry about my little rant. On the positive side, you ended up with a great boat at an awesome price!

Welcome, glad to have you join.

Moseley618
02-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Thank you, glad to be here.

I was thinking the same thing. I would have stolen the tires and wheels and engine. What could they possibly do with a swim platform for a 04 LSV?

jimmobius
02-26-2010, 12:34 AM
People do crazy things sometimes. Maybe he was going to get the boat repo'd or something. I bolted my swim platform in place. I never leave it in a place where it can get stolen anyway.

kaneboats
02-26-2010, 11:58 AM
I think you have it backward. If it's a repo it may have been recovered in the middle of the night. They grab the boat and whatever is in it or on it is what you get. I take my platform off every time I put it in the garage. So, now you know where to look for it. You could find out the owner's name and see if he'll sell it to you real cheap (or trade it for a 24pk of Yeungling). He's got no use for it now.
[EDIT: I may have mixed this one up with another one- looking back I don't think this one was a repo but one of the other guys on here grabbed a repo recently.]

mmandley
02-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Now lets think about this honestly.

If the bank came to Repo your boat and they got the boat wihtout a platform do you think the owner was willinly giving the boat back? I doubt it.

I had my truck Repoed back in 98 when i got with the wrong woman LOL.

Everyone used to say and some still think that when they come to repo your vechicle that all they do is take it, then put a realy negative mark on your credit record and its over.

Well let me tell you this isnt so true now a days.

They take the repo, they frankly dont care what shape its in, as long as its running and legal to registar. Next they auction the vechicle and take what ever price they get.

This is where it starts to realy hurt.

After the auction the balance between what you owe and the AH price was you are then sued and its not even a court case you can fight. A collection agency will call you, tell you how much you owe.

Charges.

Towing fee several hundred.
Storage fees till the AH several hundred
AH fees several hunderd 6% of what the car sold for generaly.

Any damages or missing parts to the car? You pay those too so they can AH it.

Lastly the Financer sues you in a closed court and you pay court costs.

Exp.

My 99 Dodge Dakota Booked at 18 i owed 17
AH sold it for 10K
All charges for the Repo 2K

I was sued for 9K and then my wages were garnished to ensure i would pay it.

This was my first ever Repo. Never again will i let them get my truck and i even turned it in willing as i knew i couldnt afford it after my new woman LOL.

deerfield
02-26-2010, 04:51 PM
More pics of the boat!

Hey, Moseley - Nice boat. It will give you hours of fun on the water. Regarding the setup, I'm not a big fan of powder coated towers, but.....in your case I really like the black tower. Very nice look. I have a black and red hull, so seeing your setup makes me wonder how my boat would look with a red tower to match. Just bought a barefoot boom. Next purchase will be something like perfect pass. So, a powder coated tower would have to wait anyway. Welcome to the Moomba family. - Deerfield

Moseley618
02-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks Deerfield I really like the tower. I bet it would look sweet on your boat. Powder coating is really pretty cheap. I am redoing a 69 Camaro also and had the sub-frame and rear end powder coated and it was only like $400 for both. I bet you could get a tower done for $250 or so. I would do black though I have seen some with red towers and they don't look great.

I got a quote for a new swim platform with pad and mounting hardware for $835 plus $120 for shipping. Does this sound right?

mmandley
02-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Not sure if it sounds right but drop the pad and get the Sea Deck pad you will be much happier.

Moseley618
02-26-2010, 06:54 PM
What is Sea Deck? Is it an option from the factory.

dru1974
02-26-2010, 07:12 PM
If you google seadek you can see what they mean, its an aftermarket pad...I guess they will do custom designs on it they also have some moomba logo's made too....

Moseley618
02-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Sweet thanks for the tip. I will check it out.

Moseley618
02-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Seadek looks really nice. I think I may order my platform with no, what ever they put on, and get the Seadek. Does anyone know if you can get black on top and gray or yellow under. I did not see that option. Did I mention I love this site. Great guys on here and the best boats.

wolfeman131
02-27-2010, 02:19 PM
moseley - nice find you got! I like the black tower on your boat alot.

follow this thread for a sea dek pad

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10063&highlight=seadek

I bought one last season and think it's one of the best upgrades you can do to your boat. I bought one this season for my friends new 2010 XLV that should be arriving in the next few weeks. I'd switch your color choices though and go with a storm gray pad with a black logo (moomba or roo).

In that thread is the number for Chuck Yates. He is great to work with and might be willing to let you in on the group buy at the discounted price.

Moseley618
02-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Do they just stick down with adhesive?

mmandley
02-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes they are completly self sustained. Its like a huge sticker.

To install it you make sure the swim platfrom is completely free of any oils and cleaning agents of the such. Then you lay the pad down, Do Not Pull the non stick protective backing off at this point.

Then you use blue painters tape and tape 1 side of it into place, this way you can lift it like a lid.

When you have it peftectly aligned how you want it. Slowly peel the protective backing off, slowly as it can tear and its a real pain to get it started sometimes.

After you peel a foot or so off you can begin to lay the now sticky pad on the platform. Do this untill the whole pad is in place.

The reason for the pretape and making sure its aligned is because once that sticky pad touched the fiberglass platform, you will not be able to remove and fix it with out damaging the pad.

Realy simple to install just make sure its aligned.

Moseley618
02-28-2010, 03:13 PM
That sounds easy. What do you guys think of the alpine amp that is 5 channel 4 for the tower and boat speakers and 1 for the sub. The amp is tiny like 10" x 10" x 3" it should be easy to get out of the way but plenty expensive.

Membrain
03-18-2010, 07:24 PM
How many watts does the 5-channel Alpine amp have that you are considering? We run a Precision 5-Channel AMP that runs everything…6-boat speakers, 1-12” sub, and the 4-tower speakers with no issues excerpt one. It will tend to overheat in the hot Texas summers while beached and jammin’.

Let’s see some photos of your boat without the cover! I like the colors!!!

Moseley618
03-18-2010, 08:05 PM
I think the Alpine has 900 watts but I went with the Kicker 700.5 it was much cheaper. I will try and get some pics after I wake her from her slumber. I will take it to get the 100hr service done in the next couple of weeks so I will do it then.

Membrain
03-21-2010, 10:20 PM
We’ve run Kicker amps before, but had issues with them running the batteries down! Only one or two songs without the engine running, and the battery would e toast! We ended up going with this “Precision” amp, because it doesn’t use much juice from the battery if you have the volume at normal levels, but it will progressively take more juice as you increase volume. Pretty cool, but very expensive. I think we got it for around $800-900, and it’s around 1,500 watts. Plenty! Might look into something like that?

Moseley618
03-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Well, I hope I don't have that problem. If so then I will check out that amp, I don't really care how much stuff costs as long as it works properly and I don't have to replace it all the time. I have never had the boat on the water so I am sure I will fine plenty of stuff to upgrade.