PDA

View Full Version : Depth finder, temp guage

mmandley
02-20-2010, 01:49 PM
I know a few weeks ago maybe a month ago there was a thread about the Depth guage with Temp displays.

THis was linked.

http://www.hawkeyeelectronics.com/products/D10DX/overview.htm

Its like the Ferina verstion but cheaper. I actualy went ahead and bought one. The companies website wasnt working properly and all they sent was the depth guage version even though i clicked the link and it displayed the Depth Guage Temp version.

I called them and they fixed there site, then sent me a new guage and a return mailing prepaid for the wrong unit. Realy cool of them IMO.

Im about to install this unit, it requires me to drill a hole in the bottom of the boat to mount there sending unit. Is ther intrest in this product? As in should i do a write up of a how to install and such on this?

I know the peeps with PP and Star Gazer wont use this because they already have a temp function but i got this for $130.00 it has a depth/ water temp/ air temp unit all built in.

Let me know and if theres some people on the fence about this ill do a write up this week when i install it and get some pics of the process.

DOCDRS
02-20-2010, 02:49 PM
If you do , some detailed pics of thru hull drilling might help some of the guys. we can sticky it in the how to section

KT Mobius
02-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Hey Mike,

Yeah, do the pics and deatiled instructions on the install. I have been wanting to do this mod.

Reese350
02-21-2010, 07:25 PM
I would be interested as well. I would like to add one before summer. I didn't realize I had to drill through the hull though. Is that just for the water temp?

mmandley
02-22-2010, 03:27 AM
I got it because of the water temp upgrade feature.

Due tot he way they designed it you have to replace the depth gauge and the water temp is built into it. I will be doing this Tuesday morning afternoon so i will get some pics and do a write up and post it Tuesday night as long as it all goes well LOL.

I know the current Moomba system is a transducer mounted inside the boat that reads depth. This wont be used in this new system. Also Moomba has a sensor built into the Paddle Wheels for PP to use, this also wont be used.

Its an all in one setup. Ill get some pics of the system before i install it so you know what its all about.

byronkoz
03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Please do post pics if you can. I'll prolly end up doing this also.

mmandley
03-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Please do post pics if you can. I'll prolly end up doing this also.

Heres a right up i did for this upgrade. Feel free to PM me with any questions you got bro.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10211

mmandley
03-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Can someone help me.

I deleted my message for my Depth gauge.

The person who as been talking to me about buying my old gauge can you resend them PM so i can contact you.

Sorry it got deleted i feel terrible about it.

mmandley
03-03-2010, 09:52 PM
Thats ok Ed thanks for checking. I hope they PM me again soon. I have the gauge all ready for them. I had to clean my PM box and hit the clear week box instead of the clear day box.