PDA

View Full Version : Depth Finder Install needed

Mobi1
02-15-2010, 02:30 PM
Have an 05 Mobius LSV and was thinking about adding an OEM depth sounder. Looking for some help on where and what parts needed. Pics please. Have the gauge itself but what else needed for this install and where everything is run. thanks.....

urban8designs
06-21-2010, 10:32 AM
ditto.

there are two parts. a gauge and a depth sounder. i don't have paperwork in front of me, so i don't have part numbers. it's about $200 for both.

it looks pretty easy to install, i'm just not sure where exactly the sounder goes on the hull, and how you mount it.

it has two tabs on it, so i'm hoping i open my ski locker and remove the ballast bag or pop open those other panels on the floor and i'll see a mount that the sounder snaps into. but i doubt it's that simple.

anyone?

i emailed the dealer i bought it from, if they respond i'll let you know.

02Outback
06-21-2010, 02:19 PM
I have a Hawkeye depth finder in my 02 Outback LS.

The transponder/sounder I have glued at the bottom of the engine compartment, a little off to the side.

Glued it in place, ran the wires/guage and everything works great.

urban8designs
06-21-2010, 02:24 PM
i saw on the supra forum that it may be located in the v drive compartment, off to the side. i'll take a lookey. if it doesn't snap in to something, what kind of glue did you use? you just goop it all over the bottom of the sender and put it on the hull?

thanks.

02Outback
06-21-2010, 02:44 PM
It said to use slow drying epoxy - however I used the 5 minute epoxy without any problems.

You got it, I just gooped it all over the bottom of the sender and put it on the hull. Took the boat out the next day and sure enough, it was reading.

I used something very similar to this: http://www.devcon.com/products/products.cfm?familyID=175

I just can't find the exact one. I got it at walmart.

urban8designs
06-21-2010, 02:47 PM
sweet, thanks!