PDA

View Full Version : Boise boat show

sandm
02-14-2010, 03:02 PM
what a waste of time. very disappointed.
supra/moomba dealer had mostly '08-'09 leftovers. 2 new moombas, a mobius lsv and outback v. supra had a 21v with the new dash, but all others were leftovers. they sell malibu as well. had 2 new vlx's. $71k and $77k. nice, but pricey. they just picked up custom weld jetboats. nice to see...

mastercraft/centurion/nautique dealer had ALL leftovers, 3 mastercrafts and 2 centurions, no nautiques yet as they just got the line, most from '08 except one new x-55. it was sold so you couldn't go on it, and had a price of $109,900. stupid...

epic/sanger had leftovers.
calabria was not represented, but bayliner dealer was trying to push 9 '08 repo's they had access to. average price was 31k brand new, and most were 1/2 loaded up with options.. cheap.
tige is not sold in the valley right now
mb dealer didn't even show up.

overall, very disappointed and wished I had my $5 back..

zabooda
02-14-2010, 04:22 PM
I think the days of overpriced homes, boats and cars are over and I think Moomba is sitting better than the others. The $50-100K boats are really specialty boats catered to a few who can afford them. It will be tough for MC and Malibu to succeed unless they can price to match the more affordable boats. What I envision is those companies building base boats with optional packages that will bring the price up so you will see many of the boats having the same features and somewhat the same price tag as the Moomba. I'm not sure if that is a good thing but it may keep those companies in business.

sandm
02-15-2010, 09:01 AM
malibu has already tried that, hence the birth of axis. nice boat, and have heard the wake is outstanding, but the one at the boat show was 55k and the interior is billed as for the "core" rider, and does not look like a boat that I would want to spend a bunch of time in. for the cash, I'd give up a little of the wake for an xlv or lsv. MUCH nicer interiors than the axis.