PDA

View Full Version : Standard Equipment Issues

willnorton
05-28-2004, 09:48 AM
My newly delivered 2004 Outback came with a 2003 edition Owners' Manual and with no fire extinguisher, which both the '03 and 04 sales brochures say is included standard safety equipment. My dealer says this is the way he got all his Moombas from the factory this year (his first year as a Moomba dealer). Anybody else had this problem? I sent this same inquiry to Skiers' Choice using the "Request Info" button at the bottom of the Moomba website screen, but if past experience is any guide, I won't hear anything back from them.

jburnside
05-28-2004, 10:17 AM
will,
Your boat most definitely should have come with a fire extinguisher. Contact your local dealer and make sure he installs one. The US Coast Guard has a minimum requirements list to operate your vessel. It's the one listed in your owners manual. If your dealer still does not want to help call Skiers Choice at: (865)856-3035, ask for customer service. Be patient with the O.E.M. I'm sure they are swamped trying to fill new boat orders. Good luck.

Lpfeil
05-28-2004, 01:28 PM
My new 2004 Outback came with the fire extinguisher mounted under the pass. seat. Like Jeff said your best bet is to call ( there 1800-320-2779 )Skiers Choice for the fastest response.

Larry

Brian Raymond
05-28-2004, 11:21 PM
All of SkiersChoice boats come with a fire extinguisher. This item is verified at three different locations, including the checking of the charge of the extinguisher. Contact your dealer immediately, if they overlooked it, have them contact the factory. Brian Raymond