PDA

View Full Version : Tower Wiring Help Please

2007 Outback V
02-13-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm trying to run speaker wire through my tower. However, where I want the speakers mounted makes these run very hard. Look at the attached pic. The green dots are where I want the speakers. The red line is the route I would like to take. I know I could just run a wire to the cross bar closer to the bow, but I would like to maintain the wireless look of the Exiles'. Any ideas of how I can make this happen? Thanks

mmandley
02-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Hi there Outback V

There is no real easy way to get the wireless look on the Moomba Towers. Mose of the time you are going to mount the speakers on the back rail as you want to do.

The cross tubes from the front rail to the back rail are welded in, they are not cut in nor hallow at any point. Its physically impossible to run a wire threw the small flat connecting bars.

Option one is mount the speaker to the front bar for a wire less look. You can have them hang below or mounted up side down. This isnt the look your shooting for im sure.

Option 2 is the front rail is the most common rail to use for wiring and the wires can be run all the way down but they still have to come out and go threw the hull. There are several types of plugs used to do this with.

What i did is ran the wires indie the front tube up to the tower. Then i had to jump across the front rail to the back rail to get to my speaker location. I drilled holes along the rear tower rail and wired the Exiles threw that rail so all you would see is the jump line.

Option 3. I would go this route on your tower. Drill 2 holes in the rear rail. At the locations you want the speakers. Then run those wires to the center of the tower where the White Nav light is. There is a Harness there already. You can then jump from the rear rail to the front rail. Zip the tow harnesses together and it will still appear as one harness. You can even get larget plastic loom cover to make it look like 1 line.

Then you have to run both speaker wires down the front tube and jump them out of the tube and threw the boat hull somehow, with a connector, straight wire harness, something.

Hope this makes since man. Send me a PM and ill get you me email and we can talk more, use pictures and i can draw you what im talking about. There is an OBV at Exile right now i can go take pictures and draw you up the ideas if you would like.

2007 Outback V
02-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Option 3 ROCKS!!! I never thought of that. I sent you a PM

Thanks

JesseC
02-14-2010, 09:15 PM
If you end up mounting to the front rail, make sure that your bimini top will not hit the speakers. I have to swing my bimini to the floor, open it and then swing it back up. Check my tower install in my signature, you may or may not see a few ideas!!

mmandley
02-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Sorry wasn't able to make it down to Exile being Presidents day got tired up on some other things. I should be able to get there tomorrow.