PDA

View Full Version : fulton dual wheel jack

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-13-2010, 11:11 AM
anyone using this jack with the two wheels?
if so does it move around a lot easier or not really?

mmandley
02-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Im also interested in this jack. I know with tandem axles nothing makes it easier to move around as the front tires is whats making it so hard to move around.

I like the beefer looks and the nice pull handle to swing it up.

Someon on here recently ordered it though.

Yea Waterbulldawg bought this. Did you get yours yet WBD?

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10004

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-14-2010, 09:16 AM
yeah i talked to water bulldog and he said he has it just didn't have it on yet. i thought there would be others who put this on.

WaterBullDawg1980
02-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Hey guys. It took forever to finally get it to me after purchase for some reason, but as Gus said, I am still waiting to put it on. It looks as though it will be relatively simple but I simply have had zero free time since it came in last week.

May try to get this sucker on this weekend, but again I have my daughter's 1st birthday party today, and have a presentation coming up at work this week I need to start working on.

At the latest, I will have them on by next Friday. Looking forward to it as I need some "me time!"

04OUTBACK
02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
anxious to hear install info..
It looks to be a different style of attachment style than factory. I could use a replace on mine.. got a little flex in it when jacked up too high.

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-20-2010, 04:20 PM
i was in louisiana this week and by my families place was a nautique dealer so i stoped in to see their boats and be nosy. they had the fulton dual wheel jack on all their trailers and i was moving around a single axle trailer a lot easier then mine did. as far as the tandem axle mike the guy told me nothing is gonna help with that issue cause the axles are working against each other when u move the hitch.
he also warned me if u do move your trailer by hand crank it way down so there is less stress on the jack less likely to bend
they have boat buddy hooks on the bow and transoms wish ours came that way but i just ordered mine from overtons.

mmandley
02-20-2010, 04:41 PM
Yea i didnt think it would help move it any easier. I did notice my jack is bowing out to the side a little already. In order to get it hooked to the truck when its in the garage i have to jack it all the way to its max. The angle of the driveway and the normal hight of my truck is so tall.

Think this will be a next year upgrade, i got a lot going on this year and money for the boat upgrades is starting to run thin.

I am planning on getting an air ride system for the truck, then i can use a drop style hitch and hit the air ride to raise the truck back up that 4 inches it drops when i hook up the boat.

moombadaze
02-20-2010, 07:44 PM
[quote=mmandley;85711]money for the boat upgrades is starting to run thin.

quote]

Is there ever enough ?

jasonba1
02-20-2010, 11:04 PM
I have it on my boat and the best money I ever spent on my trailer

jasonba1
02-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I have it on my boat and it was the best money I ever spent on my trailer

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-21-2010, 11:04 AM
I have it on my boat and it was the best money I ever spent on my trailer

single or tandem axle ?

WaterBullDawg1980
02-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Got her on and yes I can move the boat around easier. It is not night and day but there is for sure an improvement.

I have a single axle trailer by the way.

jasonba1
02-21-2010, 07:09 PM
mine is a single axle but several but my friend runs the mastercraft dealer here and most of them have the fulton two on tandem axles and its night and day difference

Mikes
04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
We have factory jack and we have to kick the plastic wheel really hard to steer it. We did oil it but it didnt help much,is this normal?

seanpatsdad
04-14-2010, 03:33 AM
I have this jack and it works great.Very good upgrade.
John