PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure/Surfing

Mikes
02-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Hello we just bought a 04 LSV, while having it checked out at a local shop they said dont tip it too much to one side for surfing. They said the engine can lose oil pressure. I am new to all this so any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

kaneboats
02-11-2010, 03:55 PM
I thought this came up a year or two ago and engine nut put it to rest. Anyone remember?

sandm
02-11-2010, 04:44 PM
sounds familiar.
I would guess that we would have seen lots of threads around the internet if this was a common issue, but I can't say I have seen any.
not much difference in listing the boat and the same small block in a corvette autocrossing..
potentially winterizing it on the trailer with it at the wrong angle could be worse I would think..

Razzman
02-11-2010, 05:42 PM
This subject has been asked over the last couple of years on every possible forum i can think of and as of yet there is no concrete evidence to support it. Even Indmar stated there was no issue i believe. Either way i only know of one person to frag an engine while surfing and even that couldn't be attributed as he got a new engine and all he does is surf, almost every weekend i might add, even now!

Mikes
02-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Thanks, maybe its only a problem for people that dont check the oil level.

Mike

Birdman_08_LSV
02-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I dont think i surf long enough each round to keep the boat on one side to cause this issue. (LOL) Just going off what I know, you would have to have a motor running for a long time at high RPM to cause an issue like this. Same thing for sportbikes doing wheelies. You have to keep a wheelie up for a really long time before the oil light even comes on ... then longer to cause any issue.