PDA

View Full Version : Ballast install help

alex56
02-11-2010, 01:03 AM
We have an 08 Mobius LSV with G1 ballast. We'd like to add at least one 750# sack for surfing. I'm not too concerned with the plumbing part of the project but need to help/advice with the electrical part. We're thinking about the Jabsco reversible pump. Can anyone describe the steps taken to wire the pump? Best way to get power to the pump? I think we can use the accessory circuit with an upgraded 3-way switch? If we add the second 750# sack I would add have dedicated pumps to each sack. Any tips/tricks would be appreciated. or any other suggestions?

2007 Outback V
02-11-2010, 01:17 AM
I could give you a rather loaded answer, full of information. I am currently in the process of upgrading my GI to GIII. Lots of ways to do it. Link to my upgrade thus far https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10003

I have a few questions for you:

1) Do you plan on installing a new thru hull intake?

2) Would you like to keep the whole system stock (utilizing the rule pump and sprinkler valves)?

3) Would you object to using a Tsunami hand pump to fill a 750?

To answer your questions about wiring. I believe the Jabsco pump comes with a stock fill/empty switch. Best way to get power to the pump would be to put the ballast switch in place of your unused Acc. switch. However, you will have to either bypass that resettable breaker and fuse the pumps line with a 20 amp fuse or by a 20 amp resettable breaker form a dealer ~$25. Jabsco pumps current draw will pop the stock breaker, I think it is either 5 or 10 amp breaker.

Hope all goes well.

alex56
02-11-2010, 01:29 AM
No i'm not going to add another hull intake. We will manifold the pumps and use dedicated pumps for each bag.. i'm just not sure about the wiring of the switches and power to the pumps the plumbings the easy part.

2007 Outback V
02-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Here is a link to a post that taught me how to wire the switch, very detailed. http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=7670

Hope that helps

alex56
02-12-2010, 10:54 AM
that helps alot... how did you get power to your pumps. did you run them straight off the battery with an inline fuse? or used the circut breakers under the dash ?

2007 Outback V
02-12-2010, 03:54 PM
that helps alot... how did you get power to your pumps. did you run them straight off the battery with an inline fuse? or used the circut breakers under the dash ?

Ran it right off the ballast switches.