PDA

View Full Version : magazines?

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-10-2010, 04:00 PM
what is the best magazine based on info for the boats and equipment and tricks? mainly into wake boarding and getting into wake surf.

maxpower220
02-10-2010, 05:36 PM
I think that you only have a few mainstream publications. Wakeboarding used to be be a decent magazine (about 5 yrs ago). Now, I think it is only an advertising space with pretty pictures (especially the Reef girl) and no real articles of substance.

As with most popular magazines, the makers of boats, equipment, etc pay to have their products in the magazine or have articles written about them. This tends to skew all reviews as positive with no "bashing" of anything.

phospher
02-10-2010, 05:42 PM
check out alliance.

sandm
02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
the only 2 I know of are alliance and wakeboarding. both appear to be based on nothing more than glossy pics of pros doing tricks that most of us won't ever do and advertising. the actual content of both has been steadily getting weaker and very biased toward those that pay for advertising..

Razzman
02-11-2010, 11:43 AM
This months SI, oh wait you said wakeboarding. :p

tprkolbas
02-11-2010, 12:08 PM
i have subsricptions to both wakeboarding and alliance. they pretty much have the same stuff. the boat & gear editions are duplications of one another. good pics & some good articles from time to time. alliance has a girl of the month which is a bonus.

Birdman_08_LSV
02-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I get wakeboarding in the mail each month. I like it. Don't have anything to base it off of, but I like to read up on what's going on the in wakeboard world. Not a lot on how to do tricks and what not.

truetexan84
02-11-2010, 06:41 PM
i need to check out the wakesurfing mag. im starting to like surfing more (hurts a lot less when you fall)