PDA

View Full Version : Any installed pics of Integrated Bow Sac?

brain_rinse
02-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Just wondering how well the flyhigh bow sac fits in the LSVs. I'd love to see full/empty pics if anyone has this installed in their boat. Also curious how you have it plumbed in. Thanks in advance!

Hillbilly
02-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Which sac are you referring to? I have the triangle sac that I fill on top of the seats. And it fits very well in the bow.

Or are you asking about the U shaped one that goes under the seats?

brain_rinse
02-09-2010, 05:20 PM
U-shaped below the seats

dru1974
02-09-2010, 05:21 PM
do you think a bow sac would help the ls with its wake?

newty
02-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Dru, Yes in a huge way!

Hillbilly
02-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I thought I remember someone saying with the u shaped sac it would push up on the cup holders in the bow?

Pop bags might be a better solution unless you haul a long way to the water.

How much were you trying to get up there?

brain_rinse
02-09-2010, 06:01 PM
I thought I remember someone saying with the u shaped sac it would push up on the cup holders in the bow?

Pop bags might be a better solution unless you haul a long way to the water.

How much were you trying to get up there?

No set amount, but I know this hull likes weight up front. And the more weight I get up there the more I can fill the 750s in back!

newty
02-09-2010, 07:36 PM
My cup holders are stuck in pretty tight so they don't move when the sack if full. I considered pop bags in the long run I like being able to get rid of the weight. My bow rides low enough as it is.

tprkolbas
02-09-2010, 09:07 PM
i have the integrated bow sac (not hard plumbed in - i use a tsunami pump) in my boat, i just don't have any pics to show. the bag does not affect the cup holders at all. however, if you fill it too much it will bulge up the bow side seats a little bit (no big deal if no one is sitting up there). also, if you use a tsunami pump like i do, you have to remember that the "nipple" of the sac sticks up out of the center opening of the bow compartment. if you fill the bag too full, you have 2 problems: 1 - you have difficulty putting the seat back on & 2 - it is a mess putting on and taking the cap off of the sac as water will shoot everywhere.

the restricted space does not allow the bag to fill completely - i think filled, the sac should weigh about 600 lbs. you might get about 400-450 lbs out of it. even with this weight, it really helps the lsv from bouncing up and down when your gravity 3 is full. if you have 750's in your rear lockers like i do, you will still get a little bit of bouncing in the bow.

when i drain the sac, it doesn't fully drain with the tsunami pump because the "nipple" sits in the front of the sack which is the highest point of the sack when it sits in that compartment. the pump will drain the sac about 90%, but to fully drain it, you have to either take the sack out and dump the rest out manually, or lift up the ends to make them higher than the "nipple".

i've also had the 1100 lb open bow sac when i had just the gravity 3 system. i thought this was too much weight for the front. i don't know how it works with the 750's in the rear locker - i don't have that bag any more.

hope that info helps.

mmandley
02-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Just wondering how well the flyhigh bow sac fits in the LSVs. I'd love to see full/empty pics if anyone has this installed in their boat. Also curious how you have it plumbed in. Thanks in advance!

I just bought mine and its at the shop with the boat. I have a picture of just the sac right now. I will stuff it under the seats tomorrow and get you a pic. It wont have water in though LOL.

Spencer at WM said it does like to push the very front cushion up a little but not to bad.

Heres a pic of the 650 empty.

Theres 3 fitting attachment spots. Center top, and one on each leg, you just cant see one because the way i laid the bag on the floor.

Hillbilly
02-09-2010, 10:00 PM
I went with the triangle just because I'd rather have that up there then ppl. If you want to use the bow the U sac is the way to go it sounds like.

I run the triangle in front and 750's in the rear. When I fill the front sac it pushes up on my bow cover,But it's kind of nice because it acts as a nice wind block.

I'm thinking about taking out the 10 pop bags and running it a bit lighter, But I need to try it out before I sell the pop bags...lol