PDA

View Full Version : Another SeaDeck group buy

moomba wannabe
02-06-2010, 05:59 PM
So far we have 5 interested in a SeaDeck swim platform pad group buy. We need 10 and will get 20% off for a price of $176.00.

So far;

myself
ausbill32
2007OutbackV
WaterBullDog1980
deepcove

Post if your interested and we'll start the purchase process when we reach 10.

Cooper07
02-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I actually just ordered a template kit from them today to get a pad. I'll get in on the group buy if I can.

deepcove
02-06-2010, 08:06 PM
And us lucky Canadians get to pay GST and brokerage fees as well...Yeah!!!!! In addition to this we also have to pay an extra 6% duty on goods not made in the USA when importing to Canada.

badasshybrid
02-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Posted in the other thread before I saw this one.

I'm in !!

Only questions I have is there a certian pad we all have to get? Certian design? How would it work ????

Thanks

moomba wannabe
02-06-2010, 11:50 PM
We can order whichever pad we like as I understand. This is the reply to my email inquiring about the process for a group buy -

"No problem with the group buy. We like to get 10 for the group price, which is $176.00 (20% discount). Once you get your group members to commit, email me their names and email address. Advise each to call in with specifics - color, style, etc. We then put the order into manufacturing for production. Once made, we shipped and charge each members cc for the purchase. Thanks and pls let me know if I can assist further.

Chuck Yates
Seadek"

So looks like we're at 7. Just need 3 more.

wolfeman131
02-07-2010, 02:38 AM
count me in

BWeber
02-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Sign me up please.

badasshybrid
02-07-2010, 06:26 PM
I am undecided between the roo and moomba pad. Also cant make up my mind on the color. Anyone want to help me out?? Can they do something in a red and gray or is there only certian colors they use? I like the dark gray and light gray either way and I kinda like the black bottom and gray top.

Most of the pics I have seen all of the colors are the same, does anyone have any other pics of differant colors?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/bullytank/Moomba/DSC06804.jpg

deepcove
02-07-2010, 08:51 PM
I was on their site and couldn't figure out how to view the colors either....am I missing something or has anyone else figured this out?

deerfield
02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
I am undecided between the roo and moomba pad. Also cant make up my mind on the color. Anyone want to help me out?? Can they do something in a red and gray or is there only certian colors they use? I like the dark gray and light gray either way and I kinda like the black bottom and gray top.

Most of the pics I have seen all of the colors are the same, does anyone have any other pics of differant colors?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/bullytank/Moomba/DSC06804.jpg

badasshybrid - Get gray that best matches the gray on the Moomba graphic on your boat. Then, go with the roo design in white, and have them pinstripe the roo outline in same red as your boat. - Deerfield

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-07-2010, 11:10 PM
u can call chuck and he'll send you color samples. this is the best way to see what you like. i know anyone with sandrock interior the mica color is a perfect match!

Birdman_08_LSV
02-08-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm in! Let me know when we have 10.

badasshybrid
02-08-2010, 01:00 PM
I just called Seadek and talked with Joe. They are super nice and very helpful down there. He sat down and talked with me for 30 min going over different colors and schemes, he even walked me through several pics on the net and helped me find pads for my trailer. He also helped give some input on which ones he thought looked good after finding a pic of my boat on the net. THANKS FOR THE HELP !!

I will definitely be buying from them.

Here are some to get an idea:

Colors are Cool gray, EZ Blue, Black - THIS KIND IS EXTRA $$

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OPpN7Yz6xrw/ShF-_beFVLI/AAAAAAAAAiQ/L3tj2HeYz54/s400/Moomba_Roo_01.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OPpN7Yz6xrw/ShF-_KJoHDI/AAAAAAAAAiI/nmMR8vN-8ps/s400/Moomba_Roo_02.jpg

Colors are Black bottom, Storm Gray top

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OPpN7Yz6xrw/SX4TxNTplII/AAAAAAAAAWs/40jpBDxUpQM/s400/Moomba_LG.jpg

Colors are Cool Gray bottom, Storm Gray top

http://bp2.blogger.com/_OPpN7Yz6xrw/SI4WmT2F0yI/AAAAAAAAANo/V-8x4KMrog8/s400/Roo_01.jpg

badasshybrid
02-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Colors are Cool Gray bottom, Storm Gray top

http://bp3.blogger.com/_OPpN7Yz6xrw/SI4Wmbi-yjI/AAAAAAAAANw/wbh_7tRr0nI/s400/Roo_02.jpg

http://bp1.blogger.com/_OPpN7Yz6xrw/SG0qLBMmClI/AAAAAAAAALY/cuEjccUf8Rs/s400/Moom_04.jpg

Color Faux Teak Kit - THIS KIND IS EXTRA $$

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OPpN7Yz6xrw/S2xwGL_DSGI/AAAAAAAAA9o/G48Vyg0tn4o/s400/IMG00022-20100204-1520.jpg

adsman
02-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I
Am
In

moomba wannabe
02-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I think thats 11!. If you guys want to PM me your name and email address, when I get all of them I will send them to SeaDeck and let you know I've done so, then you can call in to SeaDeck with your specific order. And thanks for the research on the colors, I really like the tri-color design!

moomba wannabe
02-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Its not too late for anybody else to get in on this if they want. Post that your interested then PM me with your NAME and EMAIL ADDRESS and when I've received everybodies I will forward the info to SeaDeck and post that I've done so, and you then call SeaDeck with your specific order. I've learned shipping is extra as previously noted, but the 20% off is a great deal.

2007 Outback V
02-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Anyone have any opinions about which colors I should go with for my Seadek pad? I know I want a 3 piece Roo pad. I was thinking maybe a white Roo with either a black or storm gray pad??????

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=2140

https://forum.moomba.com/picture.php?albumid=262&pictureid=2139

ausbill32
02-09-2010, 06:05 PM
My boats grey like yours and I'm going to go with storm gray top and get the Roo in black. I haven't decided if I want 3 piece or 1 piece yet. I didn't want to get the lighter color gray as I think it might be a pain to keep it looking clean. I'm leaning toward the 3 piece.

badasshybrid
02-09-2010, 06:23 PM
My boats grey like yours and I'm going to go with storm gray top and get the Roo in black. I haven't decided if I want 3 piece or 1 piece yet. I didn't want to get the lighter color gray as I think it might be a pain to keep it looking clean. I'm leaning toward the 3 piece.

That was one of my questions to them: Was the white and light colors hard to clean? He said no, they go fishing and have white pads in the boat. Blood, guts, and everything else gets on it and when they wash the boat they wash the pad the same way and stuff comes right off.

I like the Teak, but I am scared I wont like it after I put it on.

mmandley
02-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Having had mine on last summer, i have the light tan to match my sand rock interior and i can say the deck is reasy to clean. Soapy water and a soft brush gets anything off it so fare.

I try not to walk on it with my shoes but sometimes it happens and thats realy the only time i get dirt on it.

moomba wannabe
02-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I was torn between the 1 and 3 piece too. After seeing the tri-color sample badass posted I really like it. I have a yellow outback and I'm thinking about a dark grey over a black roo with yellow highlights, and I think a 3 piece would be too busy with that configuration.

Just learned tri-color was a prototype and not available. Bummer. I have everybodies info and am putting together the list right now to email Chuck. I will post very soon when we can call in orders!

badasshybrid
02-10-2010, 04:36 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_OPpN7Yz6xrw/SGKHR7Nx5kI/AAAAAAAAAKA/EWorekYZx6c/s400/Moomba_01.jpg

badasshybrid
02-10-2010, 04:42 PM
How many more people are needed so we can place the order ??

moomba wannabe
02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
We have enough! I just sent the list of the 11 of us to Chuck. As soon as I hear back I will post that we can start calling in our orders!

moomba wannabe
02-11-2010, 01:56 PM
We are clear to call in our orders! Thanks to everybody for making this happen! This forum and members are great!

MI-LSV
02-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Can I still get in on this? Have been looking to get one, and did not see this post until today.

moomba wannabe
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
PM me your name and email address asap and I'll forward it to Chuck and ask.

BWeber
02-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Is there a specific number or person we need to contact?

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Is there a specific number or person we need to contact?

Chuck Yates
Seadek
485 Gus Hipp Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955
321-632-4466 (tel)

he'll let straglers in on the group buy he did in 2 previous last year. call and talk to him

BWeber
02-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Anyone know the correct Seadek pad to order for a 2009 LSV?? I was looking at the single piece ROO Logo, but I dont have my swim platform near by to measure.

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Anyone know the correct Seadek pad to order for a 2009 LSV?? I was looking at the single piece ROO Logo, but I dont have my swim platform near by to measure.

just tell chuck your year and model and he'll hook ya up with what you need

ian ashton
02-16-2010, 11:09 PM
I just called Seadek and talked with Joe. They are super nice and very helpful down there. He sat down and talked with me for 30 min going over different colors and schemes, he even walked me through several pics on the net and helped me find pads for my trailer. He also helped give some input on which ones he thought looked good after finding a pic of my boat on the net. THANKS FOR THE HELP !!

I will definitely be buying from them.

Here are some to get an idea:

Colors are Cool gray, EZ Blue, Black - THIS KIND IS EXTRA $$

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OPpN7Yz6xrw/ShF-_beFVLI/AAAAAAAAAiQ/L3tj2HeYz54/s400/Moomba_Roo_01.jpg

Are they offering the 3 color now? I tried to buy one when I saw this made for Ed, but they wouldn't sell me one :(

viking
02-17-2010, 01:24 AM
I bought mine on a group buy last fall and it was only a 2 color. Chuck said at that time they are still working out the bugs on the 3 color. Maybe the bugs are done worked out??

2007 Outback V
02-17-2010, 01:30 AM
Just ordered mine last Friday. Of course I wanted the three color option too. Nope, all the bugs are not out yet. I was told it was a work in process with no set date of availability. Maybe by mid summer to sometime this fall, they were not sure. I still think I will be happy with just two colors. Still, I do admit that that three color prototypes are pretty slick.

badasshybrid
02-17-2010, 03:09 AM
When I called and talked with them I asked about the 3 colors and they said they would do it, but the red color I wanted was not UV protected and would fade in the sun. Also then the whole pad would not be warrantied.

I went with a black bottom and beach sand top with Moomba logo. I also bought a sheet of 5mm black for my trailer pads. I will post some pics when I get them.

kaneboats
02-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Yea!!! Long live the ROO!!

moombadaze
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Yea!!! Long live the ROO!!

Roo rocks !

sanity
02-28-2010, 12:50 PM
What all is involved in installing the pads?

mmandley
02-28-2010, 12:52 PM
To install it you make sure the swim platfrom is completely free of any oils and cleaning agents of the such. Then you lay the pad down, Do Not Pull the non stick protective backing off at this point.

Then you use blue painters tape and tape 1 side of it into place, this way you can lift it like a lid.

When you have it peftectly aligned how you want it. Slowly peel the protective backing off, slowly as it can tear and its a real pain to get it started sometimes.

After you peel a foot or so off you can begin to lay the now sticky pad on the platform. Do this untill the whole pad is in place.

The reason for the pretape and making sure its aligned is because once that sticky pad touched the fiberglass platform, you will not be able to remove and fix it with out damaging the pad.

Realy simple to install just make sure its aligned.

2007 Outback V
02-28-2010, 01:21 PM
I am assuming to put a seadek pad on you need to remove the black stock pad? What is the best way to remove it?

mmandley
03-01-2010, 03:34 AM
heat it with a heat gun, or leave it in the sun. Get a plastic scraper from the home dept like you would use to spread on mud for drywall.

Use this to get the edge started, then use vise grips to grab it and peel it off.

Then use some kind of solvent based cleaner to remove the glue residue.

2007 Outback V
03-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I've found gasoline works best for removing the glue from the platform.

Dissolves it real quick and can be found at most gasoline stations.

Goo gone and stuff like that works, but takes a lot of it and some real effort.

Good to know, especially were gasoline can be found .

I was planning on using goo gone, but think I will go with the strong stuff.

Thanks Ed

kaneboats
03-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I've found gasoline works best for removing the glue from the platform.

And, you can't beat the smell of the stuff. Mmmmm.

viking
03-02-2010, 12:34 AM
Believe it or not but Oven Cleaner works great too! Talked to a painter/body shop owner and he said that they use it to take off stickers and vinyl. He's old school but the stuff worked wonderful to take off the painted on license numbers on my last boat :)

I'm going to use it when it warms up enough here to put on my seadek!

moomba wannabe
03-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey guys,

If you originally comitted to this group buy but havent had a chance to place your order yet; Please do so! I understand there are a couple of us Chuck hasnt heard from yet so please call so he can get production going. And thanks again for making this happen. We got a heck of a deal on these pads.

badasshybrid
03-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey guys,

If you originally comitted to this group buy but havent had a chance to place your order yet; Please do so! I understand there are a couple of us Chuck hasnt heard from yet so please call so he can get production going. And thanks again for making this happen. We got a heck of a deal on these pads.

I ordered mine on the 17th of last month. I was told I would have it 2 to 3 weeks due to the colors I chose. After seeing this post I called to see how things were going and they havent even started the order and will not till everyone that was in the group buy calls and places their order. I was also told that it will most likely be 2 to 3 weeks more from the time everyone has placed their order.

moombadaze
03-05-2010, 03:14 PM
its worth the wait

wolfeman131
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
its worth the wait

yes it is, but it's starting to get warm so those that haven't called Chuck, please do so ASAP!

Razzman
03-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Btw I received the Seadek email last week and they were advertising 8 peeps for a group buy for the 20% off so you guys might check with him.

Razzman
03-05-2010, 04:16 PM
I just found it on their blog;

Group Buy Discount Program

If you have a group of 8 or more individuals interested in buying swim platform pads for your boats SeaDek will give your group a 20% discount on each pad. Orders must be submitted at the same time by a representative of your group. We will then work individually with you to complete your order. All pads do not have to be for the same make and model boat and each individual may choose their own color combination and logo/text. If your platform is not currently in our catalog you will be required to purchase a template kit for us to work from. To place an order or to get more information about group buys please call or email us: [email protected] or 321-632-4466.

wolfeman131
03-05-2010, 04:38 PM
I just found it on their blog;

[B]Group Buy Discount Program

All pads do not have to be for the same make and model boat and each individual may choose their own color combination and logo/text.

Thanks Razz. I may be able to get my Malibu neighbor to jump on this and put us over the 8 person/pad limit. I'll call Chuck on Monday to see where we are at and if this would put us into the production schedule.

mmandley
03-05-2010, 04:42 PM
What you can do is take the lead in the 8 people. Ask Chuck for the peoples names, or get there User names off here then PM each of them find out the status.

From there Chuck will keep you updated automaticaly and then you know where you and the group stand.

I ran the group buy on mine last year and its a bit of work but its the only way to keep the pace moving. 8 or 10 people with lives and other commitments need a friendly reminder every so often lol.

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-05-2010, 04:44 PM
esp being the off season for boating some people don't get on here as often to check things out or remember things about boating when there is snow on the ground

2007 Outback V
03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Darn :(, I was expecting my pad by next week? I ordered mine on the Feb 12th. How many more orders do we need? I don't want to call an bother them if someone already knows when things are going to get underway.

Side note..... Seadek rep. also told me 2-3 wks. I know Chuck is giving us an awesome deal, but personally I feel a phone call or email would have been appropriate.

yager97
03-05-2010, 04:58 PM
whats the price with the discount? I was planning on buying one at some point anyways now could be a good time.

2007 Outback V
03-05-2010, 05:01 PM
whats the price with the discount? I was planning on buying one at some point anyways now could be a good time.

20% off for a price of $176.00. Great Deal!

Plus shipping, not sure how much???? Think they told me less than $20 bucks?

yager97
03-05-2010, 05:10 PM
nice, I doubt taht is in Canada. Let me check the funds over the weekend and get back to ya on Monday. I could be in for this!

yager97
03-08-2010, 01:15 PM
sorry guys, im light on funds otherwise I would love to be the 8th. If you still havent figured out the 8th by next month I'm in

moomba wannabe
03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
This group buy ends today. 8 of us have called in our orders, if chuck doesnt hear from the remaining 4 by the end of the day the discount will not be extended.

kaneboats
03-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Having had mine on last summer, i have the light tan to match my sand rock interior and i can say the deck is reasy to clean. Soapy water and a soft brush gets anything off it so fare.

I try not to walk on it with my shoes but sometimes it happens and thats realy the only time i get dirt on it.

What colors (mica?) did you get. I've seen your photos but can't tell exactly.

gus 08 mobius lsv
03-08-2010, 03:27 PM
What colors (mica?) did you get. I've seen your photos but can't tell exactly.

the mica is a perfect match with the sandrock interior i have 08 lsv with sandrock

wolfeman131
03-08-2010, 03:39 PM
better get your order in today :)

kaneboats
03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Not gonna happen. I'll start the next one. You think the guy would just pass the discount to us individually. We put in enough orders for these things and he gets great advertising on here.

yager97
03-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I agree with Kaneboats. He should just have a moomba owners discount.

kaneboats
03-08-2010, 05:21 PM
He's still going to process the orders individually and ship them individually. All he's going to do is prevent me from ordering mine next week. Instead, I'll wait till next month and order when a few others do. You'd think he'd rather have the sale sooner. The price will be the same.

jasonba1
03-08-2010, 05:56 PM
If you want you can always get them through viper customs for 179.95 if you tell him your a supra or moomba forum member that is where i got mine his number is 865-388-4096

badasshybrid
03-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Does anyone know anything about what is going on with these? I have called a number of times and never got ahold of Chuck, I have always talked to Joe. I am supose to be on the group buy but never received an email, phone call, or anything to know if everything is good. Are the people that signed up for the group buy still getting the discount if he closes it out even if there is not 10 of us? Also does anyone know who all is on the group buy?

kaneboats
03-09-2010, 12:10 AM
You may be on the next one with me.

badasshybrid
03-09-2010, 12:13 AM
You may be on the next one with me.

I better not be, I placed my order Feb 17th and ordered more than a pad. Been waiting on the stuff that I needed last week.

kaneboats
03-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Sorry. Mistook you for one of the stragglers. If your order is in you should be fine. Why not call and confirm now that it looks like a GO? If not, I imagine we will be putting another one together in the next couple of weeks.

badasshybrid
03-09-2010, 12:20 AM
No big deal, I will be calling them first thing in the morning to find out for sure whats going on.

kaneboats
03-09-2010, 01:09 AM
For anyone who had trouble seeing the color samples as I did, go to the site here
http://www.seadekstore.com/seadekkits.aspx
and then click on "seadek.com" in the left column right under "more information". They will display perfectly on the new page. To see some cool Moomba and Supra ones, check the blog.

I ordered the color samples today. I will try to post some high quality photos when I get them.

wolfeman131
03-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know anything about what is going on with these? I have called a number of times and never got ahold of Chuck, I have always talked to Joe. I am supose to be on the group buy but never received an email, phone call, or anything to know if everything is good. Are the people that signed up for the group buy still getting the discount if he closes it out even if there is not 10 of us? Also does anyone know who all is on the group buy?

I was part of one of the group buys last year and it worked the same way. Didn't hear anything until everyone in the group had called with their contact and payment info then got great communication from Chuck confirming order, production date, ship date, etc.

I think we're a little slow this time due to slower time of year on the boards and delayed calls to Chuck from those that got in on this group buy.

anabolicone
03-10-2010, 11:02 PM
count me in - I have a 2007 mobius lsv - just logged into the site for the coming season and found this thread - My mat started the blleding effect last year where the black started marking up my interior..

I have the black /red mobius combo with the red/black accent to interior... Swim platform is black --- anyone make a suggestion for me...
I will call Chuck tomorrow and see if I can get in and make my payment...

kaneboats
03-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Let me know if he lets you in. I'll try to get in on this one too.

kaneboats
03-11-2010, 01:31 AM
We have a good start on a new buy so either way -- whether we get in on the current one that is supposed to be over or we get a few more guys on our own buy, we will do this in the next couple weeks. I ordered the color samples. I'm planning on posting some real high quality photos for everyone so selection is easier. The little thumb color shots on the site are inadequate I think.

anabolicone
03-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Dont think its a big deal when you order, I called this Friday afternoon @ 4:10pm eastern, asked for Chuck - discussed the options and ordered the " Mobius LSV" print that they have on their blog....
The pic of the Mobius LSV in the blog depicts a blue undelay with black top -- he informed me that this is olnly intended for the cooler climates as the black has increased heat transference and they do not warranty ( that is if I understood correctly)..
SO I ordered the black underlay with storm grey top..... said that it would be manufactured in 2 to 3 weeks and that Id get an email when its on its way... Still to cold to get out now anyway--at least for me...

What color options did you fellas pick ?

MI-LSV
03-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know if our orders have gone to manufacturing? Have not heard anything and would like to get the pad on before the ice melts.

kaneboats
03-17-2010, 02:07 PM
For more info and color samples see the new thread here:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10428&highlight=seadek

BWeber
03-22-2010, 11:47 AM
FYI - I didnt know if anyone else has this, but I have a credit card charge from SeaDeck. I am assuming they are on the way to manufacturing is not being ready to ship soon.

If anyone has any other information, please fill us in.

Thanks

2007 Outback V
03-22-2010, 04:29 PM
I received an email last Friday that said my seadek was shipped. Should be here in two days!!! :D

kaneboats
03-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Anybody else heard anything or received theirs?

squeeg333
03-26-2010, 02:17 PM
That new Mobius LSV pad is sweet! I got mine back llate last year, it's white over black with Moomba on it. It looks pretty cool on the black platform I've got, and can't wait to get it on the boat. I kinda wish that Mobius one would have been available... oh well!
Chuck is great to work with. I'm glad to hear there's more peeps getting these pads!

wolfeman131
03-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Anybody else heard anything or received theirs?

mine showed up on Wed via UPS

moomba wannabe
03-26-2010, 09:47 PM
I had a charge to my credit card several days ago, no other notification so expecting it soon.......

2007 Outback V
03-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Mine showed up Wed. as well. Looks great, can't wait to get it on!!

BWeber
03-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Mine showed up on Friday...Already put the ROO on! Much improvement over the plain stock black pad. Had one hell of a fight getting the old pad off. The SeaDeck goes on so easy and looks great.

On a side note: For anyone that has a girlfriend that owns an annoying yorkie...lay the old swim pad sticky side up and place the dog on top of it. You will die watching that thing try to get off it. :lol:

badasshybrid
03-29-2010, 11:41 PM
I chose the black base and beach sand top. Beach sand is M.I.A. Looks like I will not get mine till sometime in May.

moomba wannabe
03-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Mine showed up on Friday...Already put the ROO on! Much improvement over the plain stock black pad. Had one hell of a fight getting the old pad off. The SeaDeck goes on so easy and looks great.

On a side note: For anyone that has a girlfriend that owns an annoying yorkie...lay the old swim pad sticky side up and place the dog on top of it. You will die watching that thing try to get off it. :lol:I love it!

Got mine today, nice. The dark gray over black. Sorry about the delay on the beach sand, that sucks.

viking
03-30-2010, 01:23 AM
On a side note: For anyone that has a girlfriend that owns an annoying yorkie...lay the old swim pad sticky side up and place the dog on top of it. You will die watching that thing try to get off it. :lol:

I'm laughing my ass off right now! Read your post to my wife and she said "YOU ARE NOT putting my dog on there"!
- she has an annoying Shitzu :)

ausbill32
03-30-2010, 11:43 AM
I was part of the original order in Feb and I just received mine on Friday 3/26. It's presently in the garage getting pressed flat at the moment under some ply wood. I can't wait to install it this weekend!!

wolfeman131
03-30-2010, 05:00 PM
she has an annoying Shitzu :)

i get that (an annoying Shitzu) after a weekend on the lake with beer, brats & beans.

flatlander
03-30-2010, 05:03 PM
I am interested. Please let me know if you need me. Otherwise I need to start a new one!

ausbill32
04-05-2010, 10:29 AM
I finally got the new SeaDeck put on. I used about 1 quart of lacquer thinner in a spray bottle and a plastic scraper from home depot for $.99. I started with Goo Off and it worked well too but it was more expensive so I stuck with the Lacquer thinner. Took about 3 hours to get all the old glue off. I didn't need a heat gun or anything to get the original one off the boat, it peeled right off with some muscle.

mmandley
04-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Sexah looks realy nice man. your going to love the way it feels when you get in the boat out of the water.

kaneboats
04-05-2010, 12:01 PM
ausbill, that looks fantastic. Hope mine ships soon. I am already tired of climbing on the black stuff and it's started coming off on our feet too.

kaneboats
04-05-2010, 04:42 PM
Called Chuck today to say "Hi". He sent me an e-mail this afternoon to say my pad is ready and would ship by the end of the week.

kaneboats
04-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Mine came in today. Make sure you budget plenty of time to remove the old one and clean the goo off the platform. What a pain in thass. Result speaks for itself though.

moombadaze
04-16-2010, 07:26 AM
nice, very nice.

ROO DUDE ROCKS

kaneboats
04-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks! Can't wait to use it tomorrow. Since we were last out I've added the 750, the pad, the amp & sub. Lot's to enjoy!! LLTR! (Long Live The Roo!)

Razzman
04-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Guys here's a tip for removing the glue, use a petroleum based product like WD-40. Spray it on heavy and let it sit for awhile then use the plastic scraper. The petroleum eats the glue but won't hurt the gel.

wolfeman131
04-16-2010, 02:54 PM
looks GREAT kane! hope you all enjoy this weekend.