PDA

View Full Version : 100 hr service and Warranty

newty
02-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Does the 100 hour service need to be peformed by a Moomba certified shop for your warranty to remain valid?
$525 for changing fluids and running through a checklist seems a little steep.
I have the checklist my dealer uses for the service work and its nothing special.
My friends OBV is coming up on 100hr and we both would like to know the scoop.

DOCDRS
02-05-2010, 01:09 AM
They should also be checking engine alignment. easy on a dd a little more difficult on a vdrive. As well there are approximately 47 other checks and services supposed to be done with 10 more on the trailer alone.

newty
02-05-2010, 03:07 AM
I totally understand that, as I said I have the checklist my dealer goes through for the 100 hour.
I would like to know if I'm required to have my dealer do the service work to mantain my warranty?
Doc are you PWI?:p

viking
02-06-2010, 12:39 AM
^^ now that's funny right there ^^

jester
02-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Last time I talked to the dealer (Most likely the same one) they said I can perform the work. For some reason they talked me into them doing it. Next time Newty i might just buy you a case of beer to get some help on the list. I have not been happy on the service I have received the last few times I took my boat in.

newty
02-07-2010, 01:07 AM
Nor have I.

Membrain
02-07-2010, 06:44 PM
$525 does seem excessive! We take our XLV in each year for the 100-hour (had to do it twice in one year) check up, and we only pay around $400.00 engine and shaft alignment included.

viking
02-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Hey Newty,
Would you be willing to email me the checklist? I'd be interested in doing it to my boat and since mine it out of warranty it really doesn't matter who does it :)

newty
02-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Yea viking I'll send one off to you.

squeeg333
02-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Newty, could I also get a copy of that? Thanks man!

DOCDRS
02-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Newty can i get one as well? :p, I have a 20 hr one, see how diff it is

Mikey
02-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Newty can ya post it on here and then we can all copy it. Otherwise i'm interested as well.

newty
02-08-2010, 10:06 PM
How about I scan it and post it. I'm feeling way to lazy to do all that work!:p
I'll try to get it posted later tonight.

Or... what Mikey said!

phospher
02-08-2010, 10:23 PM
now your talking newty :)

mmandley
02-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Ive seen the 100hr checklist as well. I dont think its realy worth the 5 to 600 you pay for it. I have asked around a lot about whether Moomba Dealer has to do it or can i do it myself. I even Emaied Indmar, sent PMs to Indmar people on this site, no answers.

Talked to Brad at AWS today and we spoke on this topic. I wont devolge all the details to the conversation but....

Lets break the 100 service down a little.
How much do we normally pay a dealer for this?
Engine oil and trans fluid changes.
Change the impeller.
Change the fuel filter.
Check alignments on engine, trans, shaft.
Computer electrical diagnostics check.
Water test of the boat and these systems.
Complete trailer electrical inspection.
Check boat electrical systems.
Check torque on tower bolts.

Things like this all add up.

Yes we can do a lot of this ourselves, we do a lot of this ourselves already.
Lets also come to mind that boat service work is 99.95 an hour.

Thats only about 3.5 hours of service after you subtract all the parts being used here. In that price you have to add the 2 techs who take the boat to the ramp to water test the boat, and trailer. Thats 1 hour alone.

Now before i get bashed or flamed LOL. Simmer Down LOL.

Im only pointing out some facts here.

I dont support nor agree with all the charges of the 100hr service. I'm only talking about what I understand from the process.

For the record AWS boat purchasers pay on the lower end of the 500 scale as a curtisy so im told.

Sled491
02-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Ive seen the 100hr checklist as well. I dont think its realy worth the 5 to 600 you pay for it. I have asked around a lot about whether Moomba Dealer has to do it or can i do it myself. I even Emaied Indmar, sent PMs to Indmar people on this site, no answers.

Talked to Brad at AWS today and we spoke on this topic. I wont devolge all the details to the conversation but....

Lets break the 100 service down a little.
How much do we normally pay a dealer for this?
Engine oil and trans fluid changes.
Change the impeller.
Change the fuel filter.
Check alignments on engine, trans, shaft.
Computer electrical diagnostics check.
Water test of the boat and these systems.
Complete trailer electrical inspection.
Check boat electrical systems.
Check torque on tower bolts.

Things like this all add up.

Yes we can do a lot of this ourselves, we do a lot of this ourselves already.
Lets also come to mind that boat service work is 99.95 an hour.

Thats only about 3.5 hours of service after you subtract all the parts being used here. In that price you have to add the 2 techs who take the boat to the ramp to water test the boat, and trailer. Thats 1 hour alone.

Now before i get bashed or flamed LOL. Simmer Down LOL.

Im only pointing out some facts here.

I dont support nor agree with all the charges of the 100hr service. I'm only talking about what I understand from the process.

For the record AWS boat purchasers pay on the lower end of the 500 scale as a curtisy so im told.

Fair except you forget the tech is being paid probably less than 20 bucks and hour out of that 100.00 and at the end of the day it's my 500 bucks. Next time the guys at the dealer hire my crew to do some carpentry work around the house I'll rethink my position.

newty
02-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm kinda glad this all came about. After my post regarding some past service issues I was PM'd by Brad today and we ended up chatting for some time. Sounds like things are going to change for the better. Brad wants to bring back the Jay era that eveyone loved so much. Not that the previous manager wasn't good he just had a very full plate with AWS bringing on Supra 2 years ago and recently taking on Malibu as well. He's a great guy but there was a lot going on and I felt like some smaller issues were being overlooked. Either way sounds like things are a changing for the good.
I look forward to dealing with AWS for years to come and I'm glad Brad stepped up and is willing to address some of the issues.

Here is the the list!

viking
02-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks Newty :)

DOCDRS
02-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Here is what a 20 hour service is comprised of

squeeg333
02-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate it! The 100 hr service was done prior to me buying a boat (not sure if it was done by a moomba dealer, or the mastercraft place I got it from), but I was curious what they were supposed to look at. I'm about 107+ hours now, so I think that I'm okay going forward. I'm really curious if they changed out the fuel filter, or the trans fluid, and I'm really curious if they checked the alignment of the boat. I'm assuming they did...