PDA

View Full Version : Lets see the 2010 Moomba swivel racks

Aquaholic
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Anyone have some pictures of these puppies?

you da man
02-03-2010, 09:02 PM
Hopefully mine should be here in a couple/few days. I ordered them last Friday.

Reese350
02-03-2010, 10:11 PM
If you guys end up swapping out, I may be interested in picking up your stock Moomba racks. The 2007 Outback I picked up only has a rack on the port side.

you da man
02-04-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm sure I'll have my stock racks just laying around after the swivels come in. They actually have to be drilled into the say crossbar the stock racks go so there's no place to secure the stock racks anyways.

ausbill32
02-04-2010, 02:28 AM
I may be interested in one of those stock racks too. I'm minus one on this 07LSV I just picked up. How much are the new swivel ones? Reese, do you know how much a new non-swivel is?

thanks

Reese350
02-04-2010, 07:46 AM
YoudaMan: I have the outback so we would just need to make sure they are the same size but I suspect they are. Shoot me a PM with a pic and the height of the bracket where it goes around the crossbar.

Bill: The racks are pretty salty if you buy them directly from SC but they show up on EBAY pretty regularly for about $100 each. I noticed you are in Houston. I found these Roswell Swivels in Austin for what seems like a reasonable price if you really want the swivels. Might be worth checking out since you are within driving distance.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/1561587046.html

you da man
02-04-2010, 10:39 AM
YoudaMan: I have the outback so we would just need to make sure they are the same size but I suspect they are. Shoot me a PM with a pic and the height of the bracket where it goes around the crossbar.

Bill: The racks are pretty salty if you buy them directly from SC but they show up on EBAY pretty regularly for about $100 each. I noticed you are in Houston. I found these Roswell Swivels in Austin for what seems like a reasonable price if you really want the swivels. Might be worth checking out since you are within driving distance.

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/1561587046.html

Those Roswells won't fit, they are for a much smaller diameter tower.

Aquaholic
02-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Also, if you can post a pic of the tynes. I'm hoping they are wide enough to hold a surf board as well. I have a Ronix board FYI.

Razzman
02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Just so you guys know, there are few rack makers that make racks to fit the moomba stock locations due to the oval bar they attach to. Almost everyone make one to fit the 2 3/8" tower bars though.

I replaced my stocks rack as soon as i bought the boat because i need to remove them and fold down the tower to store the boat. Only Airboom made a quick removeable rack (ARTP) with a clamp that fit the oval bar. They now make a swivel rack in the same config and it's called the ART360SW and it retails for $389 each. Go to their website below and you can see the swivel rack, the clamp is shown in the ARTP picture. The quailty of their product seems good and they've help up well so far after two seasons. I can't speak for their swivel as it wasn't available when i got mine.

Airboom (http://www.airboom.com/)

you da man
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
The little brown truck just showed up at the office with my racks. Looks like "some assembly required". 10 piceces total with all hardware accounted for but no instructions. Should be straight forward. They are made by Roswell. Gonna need a rather large drill bit for the tower.

you da man
02-04-2010, 03:03 PM
I may be interested in one of those stock racks too. I'm minus one on this 07LSV I just picked up. How much are the new swivel ones? Reese, do you know how much a new non-swivel is?

thanks

Bill, the 2010 Moomba swivel racks are retailing around $1,100-$1,200. Since you're in Austin and that's where I got my XLV from, the dealer said $1,179 plus tax so $1,300 basically

ausbill32
02-04-2010, 03:32 PM
wow... $1300 for swivel racks....that's crazy. I'd buy perfect pass before I'd pay that much for some racks unless, they were going my woman....lol. They'd kinda swivel on her I'd think. Thanks for getting me the price "you da man".

I don't necessarily need the swivel, I'm gonna hold out to find a used one that someone wants to abondon I think. I had swivel on my last boat and never really used them however, it was handy the two times I had to fold the tower down into the boat....hmmm. I'm gonna look into those Airbooms but I'll probably just pick up a stock one from some body for this season.

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-04-2010, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=ausbill32;84424]wow... $1300 for swivel racks....that's crazy. I'd buy perfect pass before I'd pay that much for some racks unless, they were going my woman....lol. They'd kinda swivel on her I'd think. Thanks for getting me the price "you da man".

if someone quotes your girl 1300 hundo for a boob job i think i'd talk to another doc! they might turn out a little lopsided!

Aquaholic
02-04-2010, 07:16 PM
5200.00-------I personally know, so worth it!!!

Aqua

kaneboats
02-06-2010, 02:13 AM
I'll be the judge of that. :D