PDA

View Full Version : Hidden chases in the LSV

newty
01-30-2010, 10:58 PM
So my battery and charging system upgrade has seriously morphed.
Any one know how the wire chases under the floor are configured?
Ive been crawling around and it looks like its completely open under the seat on the outside of the stringers. The chases go back about 6" then open up. If this is the case it would make this mod easier.
I'm thinking of moving my battery and relocating the factory battery cables.
I want to put the battery tight against the cooler under the observer seat.
Which brings me to my next question... Moombadaze!!! When you cut your cooler out there was a hole in the floor for the drain. Were the battery cables visible/accessable from that point? I'd love to pull the cable up through there and clean up all the wire.
I really want to clear out my storage area of batteries and stereo equipment (don't worry I'm not getting rid of and stereo stuff).
I cant really access that hole under the cooler without removing the cooler. I'm not sure if I want to remove it, although I hate that the cooler is basically useless, as it usually ends up being a garbage.
That and I could use the extra space. I always bring an igloo cube along for food and bevs anyway.

Side note I just picked up a new (used off of Craigslist) amp for the subs today, its a Punch 1000-1bd. 1000 watts rms x1 @ 1ohm and its 1 ohm stable.:D
My subs are going to love this thing and it will be a ton more effecient than the Punch 1000.2 Class A and I'll use the .2 for my towers. So when I get my HLCD's I'll plenty of juice for them. I cant let mmandley stay ahead of me for too long!:p
Pardon the spelling and punc's I'm in a hurry to catch the east coasters!

moombadaze
01-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Which brings me to my next question... Moombadaze!!! When you cut your cooler out there was a hole in the floor for the drain. Were the battery cables visible/accessable from that point? I'd love to pull the cable up through there and clean up all the wire.

Newty, Dont remember looking down into that hole, Give me a little time and I'll perform a Florida quick summerization (pull the cover off) and crawl up in there with a flashlight and take a look. Dont worry I wont forget to rewinterize it(pull cover back on tight)

Gotta say I would love to be able to do the stuff you have. All your stereo talk is pure greek to me- I would need some one to say specifically what to buy and how to do it.

newty
01-31-2010, 09:32 AM
All you gotta do is ask! I'd be happy to help!

moombadaze
01-31-2010, 10:46 AM
Newty--battery cables in plain sight--about 6" straight down. But that would be dang near impossible to get to them with the cooler inplace. If you do remove the ice melter use a drimel and a rotor zip blade. Ear plugs are a must also.

mmandley
01-31-2010, 11:57 AM
. I cant let mmandley stay ahead of me for too long!:p
Pardon the spelling and punc's I'm in a hurry to catch the east coasters!

What??? Ahead of the Newty? I dont know about that. I will tell you though, i have the Boat at Exile right now. Being test fitted for a project i have in mind. Its big, its loud, its a Exile first.

If it all goes well it might be coming to your Mommba's soon too.

Razzman
01-31-2010, 12:14 PM
OK you guys are outta control here! :p

Btw anyone who's looking to redo their power cable because they can't control their urges and needs 0ga wire/cable, Knukoncepts is having a bulk deal, 25' bulk buy at $1.50 a foot. Pretty darn cheap.

BRANDNIRON8971
01-31-2010, 03:09 PM
Hey DAZE, thats the same summerization/winerization process I use. Think we should share that with other in the HOW TO thread...:)

DOCDRS
01-31-2010, 07:43 PM
You guys are just being down right mean

Razzman
01-31-2010, 10:20 PM

No chit huh! Gonna start calling it WeenieWorld around here pretty soon! :p

newty
01-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Daze thanks for checking that for me. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to pull out the cooler. Any regrets?

OK you guys are outta control here! :p
Btw anyone who's looking to redo their power cable because they can't control their urges and needs 0ga wire/cable, Knukoncepts is having a bulk deal, 25' bulk buy at $1.50 a foot. Pretty darn cheap.

I couldn't control my urges and bought 50 feet.;) Thanks for the link Razz.

LOL You guys have to get the wind breakers out and the boats go into storage?
It must be miserable with the water temp waaaaay down in the 60's.
I'd kill for something in the 50's right now.

newty
01-31-2010, 10:37 PM
So Mmandley... U calling me out? Its on patnah!:p

Kidding, I cant wait to see how your boat turns out.

DOCDRS
01-31-2010, 10:56 PM
I'd be happy to see water thats not solid

Razzman
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM
I couldn't control my urges and bought 50 feet.;) Thanks for the link Razz.

Glad to help anytime! :)

moombadaze
02-01-2010, 08:26 AM
[quote=newty;84083]Daze thanks for checking that for me. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to pull out the cooler. Any regrets?

none at all

newty
02-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks I think I'm going to do it.

Razzman
02-01-2010, 09:18 AM
4:25am! What did yu lay awake all night thinking about it? Ooohhh Nooooo! j/k! :p

newty
02-01-2010, 10:24 PM
No I've been working graves the last 3 nights. Way too much idle time here on nights. Its good though I get a lot of research done on my projects, and I'm always finding the best deals on stuff. Makes things a lot easier when it comes time to do them.
Besides it bugs the crap out of my wife when I do it at home.:p

mmandley
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
You know Newty, i was reading you post to Claudia the other day about you and your wife and the sofa deal.

Claudia said to me yesterday, I already know not to ask you who would you keep, the boat or me if you had to choose.

I said what would i pick, with a smirk she said your boat.

I looked at her straight faced, i said, baby you know that isnt true. I would pick you every day of the week instead of my boat.

The question is would you want to deal with me everyday after i lost my boat for you.

LOL

newty
02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Well said Mmandley, well said.

moombadaze
02-02-2010, 05:00 PM
that is a true statement!!!

jester
02-03-2010, 04:02 PM
That is great Mike.

newty, Sounds like your project is just growing since this winter has all ready been too long. Let us know what you do about the cooler. I have been thinking for a month about pulling mine out.

newty
02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
I've actually started considering cutting down a real cooler and lifting the seat base up and sliding it under. The problem is finding a cooler that has the rough demensions I need.

c.rix
02-08-2010, 09:15 PM
The cooler in these boats are worthless I cut mine out and made room for a hidden sack under the seats !!! surfs up