PDA

View Full Version : 360

LSV04
01-30-2010, 10:56 PM
Hey, I have got my one wake HSFS 360 consistent.Once in a while I land on the second wake. But every time I take a harder cut to try to go wake to wake its a nasty crash. Should I just cut out wider and keep the intensity the same? If I cut too hard the line tension is too much to pull. The pros look like they are cutting hard. Should I use more legs and use height to go wake to wake.?
Thanks

Hillbilly
01-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Congrats on the 1 wake 3. That in itself is great, I landed 1 w2w 3 and it happened so fast, I just felt the handle and was suprised. I can land bunny hop 3's about 50% of the time. Just cut like you would for a regular heel w2w, What is making the crash so bad? Are you getting pulled off axis? I would try for more pop.

I by no means am an expert but pop,pass,pull is what I'm always told.
Maybe try cutting with the boat more so there is less line tension?

LSV04
01-31-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks. I go off axis. I try cutting out wide and letting boat do the cut. Pros make it look easy in videos. Seems like every trick is all in cut. I think I'm loading the line going w to w like for a backroll instead of a steady mellow cut for the 3.

Hillbilly
01-31-2010, 11:18 PM
I've also been told to pull down towards your hip and that helps keep you on axis also?

I have a mellow cut anyway, I like w2w. I'm not real keen on going into the flats. I need to get my 3 down and work on the back roll. I always let go of the handle trying the roll and drop out of the air on my head...lol

LSV04
02-01-2010, 01:01 PM
LOL took me almost 3 years to get 360 consistent and 2 years to land backroll. It's worth it when you land an invert. Worst injury was bruised ribs.ouch.

snowboardcorey
02-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Usually if you are getting pulled off axis on a 3 its because you are initiating the spin to early. Wait to pop off of the wake and then pull the handle to your hip to initiate the spin.

Spinning early gives you WAY less pop so not only are you getting pulled off axis but you are not getting enough air to actually complete the spin.

As for the pull it can help to slightly let off of your edge just at the wake, this helps keep the rope from getting pulled out to far for you to grab the handle.

Bcoutsfly
02-14-2010, 12:08 AM
+1 on spinning too early.

You want a nice and smooth progressive edge into the wake. It's more of an ollie based trick try so get a nice pop off the wake. Don't initiate the spin until the way down. The rest is easy peasy.

Try this site, you have to pay a little but it's sooo worth it!

www.learnwake.com

squeeg333
02-16-2010, 05:34 PM
And make sure that you're keeping the handle right at hip level. Letting it go higher is a recipe for disaster. Keeping it at your hips, should keep you on axis, as long as you didn't initiate the spin too early. Get the pop first, then spin. Don't try to do both at once!

snowboardcorey
02-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Yep, keep the handle in and wait to spin. The waiting was (is) the hardest part for me to learn.

tprkolbas
03-05-2010, 01:03 AM
LOL took me almost 3 years to get 360 consistent and 2 years to land backroll. It's worth it when you land an invert. Worst injury was bruised ribs.ouch.

i was the opposite, i learned the backroll in the first month or 2 of trying, a tantrum on the 3rd attempt, but i still can't make that damn handle pass for the 360 of 2 summers of trying - doesn't matter how much i spend on the trampoline.

Birdman_08_LSV
03-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Will it help to check his rope length? I know I was using a rope too long for my level. We took a few sections of the rope out and were hitting the wake in a new spot. It seemed to help in going wake to wake, but less time in the air. Just something to think about I guess.

insanepolack
03-14-2010, 02:57 PM
definetely spinning to early. w2w 3s are not that difficult, all you do is cut on your edge all the way up the wake to get that pop, pull that rope to your backfoot hip to initialize the spin, **look with your head in the direction your spinning, pass the rope at the small of your back, spot that landing and ride away. That's how I do it.

LSV04
04-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Make sure you POP first. Try cutting out wide and very little edge. Let boat bring you to wake. After you pop, pull harder than you've been pulling, the rope should look slacked after you pull. If your not getting handle , your not pulling enough. Your cut is important. It's no where near as intense as a backroll or tantrums edge. Mellow...