PDA

View Full Version : Someone get control of me.....

WaterBullDawg1980
01-29-2010, 11:26 PM
It all started very innocent. My wife went shopping tonight with the baby and I was innocently browsing different deals on various marine supplies. Obviously shopping for the best bargains!

Well I thus far have purchased a pair of 2009 CWB Zeus Bindings, an anchor bag and buoy, a Fulton F2 Dual wheel jack, Bilge cleaner, Seat cleaner, iRoc wireless remote, new seat straps and a Canyon Blue LED underwater light.

It must be the ambien. Someone stop me.

The wife is not going to be pleased. :cool:

2007 Outback V
01-29-2010, 11:35 PM
Keep going, you've surpassed the point of no return

WaterBullDawg1980
01-30-2010, 01:04 AM
It did not end up good. I am going to bed now. I cannot wait until Tuesday when I receive all of the goodies I felt needed to be express shipped. :cool:

aaroncat
01-30-2010, 02:22 AM
The wife can't be upset with how good a deal those bindings were :D

moombadaze
01-30-2010, 10:10 AM
I see nothing wrong with what you have done! Carry on there is more to buy:D

maxpower220
01-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Someone has to keep the economy going, it might as well be you.

you da man
01-30-2010, 01:57 PM
I feel you man. The past 3 days I got my girlfriend her own wakeboard, ordered a Shred Stixx surf board, and got the new 2010 Moomba swivel racks (didn't pay nearly the $1179 what they wanted but can't discuss price)

jester
01-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Just think of all the times the wife went shopping and comes home with bags of nonbargain items. You should get a turn every few years. Also it will make you happy since it is winter right now and cold out.

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-30-2010, 03:04 PM
It all started very innocent. My wife went shopping tonight with the baby and I was innocently browsing different deals on various marine supplies. Obviously shopping for the best bargains!

Well I thus far have purchased a pair of 2009 CWB Zeus Bindings, an anchor bag and buoy, a Fulton F2 Dual wheel jack, Bilge cleaner, Seat cleaner, iRoc wireless remote, new seat straps and a Canyon Blue LED underwater light.

It must be the ambien. Someone stop me.

The wife is not going to be pleased. :cool:

is the two wheel jack that much better then one wheel? easier to maneuver or what?

WaterBullDawg1980
01-30-2010, 07:08 PM
is the two wheel jack that much better then one wheel? easier to maneuver or what?

You know, I wish I could tell you for sure. But I have heard that yes it is easier to move around than the one wheeled one.

My reason for buying it, was really bc of the deal I found and also bc I broke the bearings inside my jack. I could have paid $30-40 bucks to replace them after shipping, and it just didnt seem worth it to me when I could spend the $40 bucks more and upgrade.

I'll let ya know how I like it. Should get here on Wed, maybe Thursday.

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-30-2010, 07:42 PM
oh yeah makes sense esp with that warrenty you can't go wrong there. yeah let me know how it does cause i'll be wheeling mine around by hand a fair amount to get it into the corner of the garage!

WaterBullDawg1980
01-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Just think of all the times the wife went shopping and comes home with bags of nonbargain items. You should get a turn every few years. Also it will make you happy since it is winter right now and cold out.

You are exactly right! And that is what I am going to say when all of this stuff shows up at the door while I am at the office. :)

newty
01-30-2010, 11:34 PM
I feel your pain! I just know the wife is keeping count of all my latest spending, and is getting ready to pay me back so-to-speak. She's been eyeing a $2500 down Sectional for our game room. She says at least the couch is something every one can use. I told her that we all use the boat too! She just doesn't get it. We need retail (wholesale) therapy too!:p

Sled491
01-30-2010, 11:43 PM
My has done 2 things over the last few years.

1. stopped snooping in the garage (my domain) :D

2. stopped asking where this or that came from. :)

newty
01-31-2010, 12:02 AM
Sled, maybe my wife could take some pointers from yours.:D

Sled491
01-31-2010, 12:04 AM
Dude, Love to help ya, but some things just work and I don't ask why :) So for this reason I don't throw rocks at the hornets nest while they are at rest if you get what I mean :D

newty
01-31-2010, 12:17 AM
LOL yea I know what you mean. She tried to use the logic the other day that If I squirreled money and didn't spend it on the boat we could buy the couch she wanted. Ppfffft... RIIIIIIIIGHT.
She said the boat is fine just the way it is. I just turned around and walked away. I didn't even want to try to explain it to her.:)

WaterBullDawg1980
01-31-2010, 04:53 PM
LOL yea I know what you mean. She tried to use the logic the other day that If I squirreled money and didn't spend it on the boat we could buy the couch she wanted. Ppfffft... RIIIIIIIIGHT.
She said the boat is fine just the way it is. I just turned around and walked away. I didn't even want to try to explain it to her.:)

Haha! That is an argument right there that we will NEVER win.

"The boat is just fine the way it is."

If I had a quarter for every time I heard that....well you get the point.

True boat/water enthusiasts understand that boats are money pits. Period. But the money I am pouring into this this "pit" is also being used as time with my family. My children will grow up spending time with Mom and Ole Dad on the weekends for the most part instead of many other things they could be doing. This crazy investment of mine brings all of us closer together with the time I will teach my kids how to ski, swim, and take care of nature. As well "date nights" for just the wifey and I. Nothing better than the night rides. :)

Yeah, yeah, I probably spend too much money on the boat, but as long as the bills are paid, and my savings stay padded, then I have no problem with it.
8-)

gus 08 mobius lsv
01-31-2010, 05:03 PM
My has done 2 things over the last few years.

1. stopped snooping in the garage (my domain) :D

2. stopped asking where this or that came from. :)

amen to that! every guy needs his little man cave to get away. i'm not married so i don't quite have the issue some of you guys do... its my money and my toys so i can do what i want. but most women just don't get it ... why do u need 3 wake boards or why do ya need bigger amp and tower speakers lol better off to pretend ya don't hear the question. i never ask why my girl needs 10 purses or 85 pairs of shoes!

DOCDRS
01-31-2010, 07:47 PM
touche Gus :)

kaneboats
02-01-2010, 12:43 PM
why my girl needs 10 purses or 85 pairs of shoes!

Ha Ha Ha. Only 10 purses? Only 85 pairs of shoes? You aren't married, are you? Just wait.

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Ha Ha Ha. Only 10 purses? Only 85 pairs of shoes? You aren't married, are you? Just wait.

nah not yet weighing the good and bad before i take that plunge! i know she's probably got the other half hidden in the closet.

WaterBullDawg1980
02-01-2010, 06:42 PM

No kidding.... I am currently having to BUILD more storage just for my wife's shoes. While I currently own about 5 pairs of shoes. 4 pairs of them are dress shoes and one pair of "tennis shoes" that have lasted for 3 years so far.

kaneboats
02-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I just broke down and got a new pair of Nikes. It wasn't that the old pair wasn't still good, it was that the really old pair I wear for grass cutting and volunteer roofing was so bad it had to be pitched. I should be good for another 5 years now. I do seem to go through a pair of sandals every summer though. Can't bring myself to wear Crocs.

moombadaze
02-01-2010, 08:25 PM
crocs--never!!!

Sled491
02-01-2010, 11:35 PM
You guys don't know what your missing! I first started wearing crocs on the dive boats, I now wear them year round:)

My wife has 15 ft of our walk in closet, I have 4. Although I have to admit I do have a shoe problem:(

LURK19
02-02-2010, 03:07 AM
Seriously Sled.....Crocs? Gotta go with Daze on this one!
I will admit when I take my 8 yr. old daughter to hockey the crocs are easier for her to slip off before her skates go on.

Sled491
02-02-2010, 08:37 AM
This seems to be a universal thing, my buddies up in Canada feel the same way as you guys. But I'm telling you they are great. You go on any dive boat down south and thats all everyone is wearing.

kaneboats
02-02-2010, 03:19 PM
Maybe if they were called "Gators" . . .

Sled491
02-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Might make a difference, maybe there is a new marketing opportunity there :)

WaterBullDawg1980
02-02-2010, 11:59 PM
Maybe if they were called "Gators" . . .

Being a University of Georgia fan I would suggest GAYTURDS.

Just my humble suggestion. ;)

kaneboats
02-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Oh yeah, Georgia. I've heard of it. Didn't they used to have football there?

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-03-2010, 07:31 PM

i think some boxing gloves would solve this little dispute!

wolfeman131
02-03-2010, 08:08 PM
i think some boxing gloves would solve this little dispute!

I'm thinking I'll rent some of those sumo wrestling suits and let these two go a few rounds on the trampoline at the Sinclair Jam! :p

DOCDRS
02-03-2010, 09:07 PM
I am almost embarr.ass.ed to admit but i agree with sled......and i'm from canada, around the cottage they are awesome , in the water building cribs, dock repair , they are great and if they come off they float to the top, they don't pick up stones so they don't scratch, and easy on off in those need be situations.......but i still think they are gay looking but i'm ok with my manhood :) so I wear em, just not in public.

Mikey
02-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Crocs rock!Or any of the knockoffs for that matter. Best boat shoes going.Easy to wear,easy on the boat and comfy too.Gay maybe,question is are ya MAN enough to wear them?

Sled491
02-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Man where were you guys a few days ago when I was getting pounded for my Crocs:) Yes gay, but have you seen my wife? I'm ok with it :D

kaneboats
02-04-2010, 10:57 AM
OK, it's settled I'm too gay to wear gay shoes, right?

DOCDRS
02-04-2010, 08:45 PM
well it was a questionable posting ( talkin about closets and shoes) so it was low on my list to look at, but i had to be truthfull when i saw it and give my .02 as thats about all its worth ......... its good to have fun...:)

Sled491
02-04-2010, 09:25 PM
OK, it's settled I'm too gay to wear gay shoes, right?

Your never too gay to wear gay shoes! But are you secure enough in your machismo to wear gay shoes and know your not gay? :D I mean have you tried these things on? They are way too comforatable to ignor.

gus 08 mobius lsv
02-04-2010, 10:23 PM
yeah somehow all this came from wbd buying all kinds of stuff for the boat!!! lol

WaterBullDawg1980
02-04-2010, 11:58 PM

I know, I know....Its been an off season. Hey we have had a solid run the past 8 years. Been ranked every season except 2 I believe in the past 10 years.

Hard to watch this past season.

Always have this season!!

WaterBullDawg1980
02-04-2010, 11:59 PM
And to everyone else.....It is not "manly" to wear Crocs. Go barefooted you nancy boys. Or if you have to put on shoes, you know they make "boat shoes". :)

Sled491
02-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Yeah, like boat shoes aren't gay :)

DOCDRS
02-05-2010, 01:21 AM
They are the most alternative lifestyle ya can get...........not that theres anything wrong with that....I guess

WaterBullDawg1980
02-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Yeah, like boat shoes aren't gay :)

crap.....I never realized how right you are....

kaneboats
02-05-2010, 04:11 PM
When I was in high school I vowed I'd never put on a pair of those boat shoes. By my soph year in college I had 2 prs. Then again, I was far from gay in college.

Sled491
02-05-2010, 08:29 PM
OK, we need to stop this now before we all end up in therapy :D

I'm going with whatever makes you happy and wear whatever you feel secure wearing. Personally I have flip flops, crocs, thongs, boat shoes, sneakers, water socks, dive boots, and of course my slalom boots, and they all are worn out by the end of the summer!

wolfeman131
02-06-2010, 12:19 AM
OK, we need to stop this now before we all end up in therapy :D

I'm going with whatever makes you happy and wear whatever you feel secure wearing. Personally I have flip flops, crocs, thongs, boat shoes, sneakers, water socks, dive boots, and of course my slalom boots, and they all are worn out by the end of the summer!

thongs?

i sure hope you're talking about something that goes on your feet or this thread has surely taken a turn for the worse . . .

WaterBullDawg1980
02-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Where in the world has this thread gone?

Man thongs?

Gay crocs?

For what it is worth....I am only going to wear steel toe boots from now on.

I am MAN.

kaneboats
02-06-2010, 02:40 AM
I hate how the steel rusts when I wear my steel toe boots (the only shoes I wear now-- including to church and to court) on the boat. But, I take it like a man and show off my orange feet because I am NOT GAY (at least anymore).

Sled491
02-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Thongs, of course the ones for your feet, they have the tab between your big toe.

I would make a joke about underwear here, but who knows where that would end up :D